Android Engineer - Audible, Inc. Newark
Welcome to the Latest Job Vacancies Site 2020 and at this time we would like to inform you of the Latest Job Vacancies from the Audible, Inc. with the position of Android Engineer - Audible, Inc. Newark which was opened this.
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Company who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Android Engineer - Audible, Inc. Newark below matches your qualifications. Good Luck: D
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Professional experience with mobile development in Android
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions
This opportunity specifically is as a Software Development Engineer within the Audible Android group. The team is building customer facing UI for Audible Android application. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (5000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting
- Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon, and sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations
- 2+ years of experience in designing and developing Android Applications using Java, Android SDK, Studio, APIs, or Frameworks; and experience with object oriented development, multithreading, and data structures
- Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Algorithms and database design
- Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership
- Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development
- A preference for Agile development methodologies
- Great communication skills—ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications
- Experience in streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering
- Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age