SDSN USA Analyst Intern - SDSN Association
Welcome to the Latest Job Vacancies Site 2020 and at this time we would like to inform you of the Latest Job Vacancies from the SDSN Association with the position of SDSN USA Analyst Intern - SDSN Association which was opened this.
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Company who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information SDSN USA Analyst Intern - SDSN Association below matches your qualifications. Good Luck: D
The SDSN USA endeavors to build pathways for the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the United States by mobilizing research, outreach, and collective action. This includes: facilitating the development of solutions to U.S. sustainability challenges; building sophisticated, practical systems for measuring progress and connecting with stakeholders who will utilize them; facilitating public awareness, education, and engagement; and linking these efforts with policymakers and community leaders throughout the U.S. to result in lasting change.
SDSN USA has released a number of indices investigating the progress of US states and cities towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. This internship would primarily support the data work that goes into designing, analyzing, and developing those indices. Some SDSN USA projects include a US State Index on the SDGs and America’s Goals for 2030, localization of the SDGs in collaboration with Future Now.
The Analyst Intern will be expected to work up to 29 hours/week, and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the preparation of the data for the index, which will require desk-based research, developing and maintaining metadata, researching and downloading data
- Identifying experts in relevant fields for advice and review
- Development and research of relevant indicators and/or datasets
- Cleaning and preparing the data
- Keeping the team informed about relevant data definitions and their implications for inclusion, exclusion, or comparison with other indices
- Drafting, editing and/or reviewing written material related to the index
- Managing and troubleshooting any issues related to the collection or distribution of databases
- Presenting findings and participating in research review during research meetings
- Supporting other SDSN USA activities, depending on interests and availability
- The position is open to both undergraduate and graduate students with the requisite skills
- Comfort with Excel, including downloading excel files, reading and basic arranging of quantitative data within Excel required
- Experience with Stata, required
- Highly organized and responsive, ability to work independently
- Proactive communication skills
- Familiarity with the SDGs, sustainability, the Leave No One Behind Agenda, and other relevant disciplines, preferred but not required
- Unfortunately, SDSN is not able to provide work visas for this internship
Duration: 10 weeks, beginning ASAP, with the possibility for continuation Compensation: $15-18/hour, depending on experience (up to 29 hours/week) Location: Remote SDSN USA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage those with marginalized identities to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter with the subject: “SDSN USA Analyst Internship” to firstname.lastname@example.org,. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.