Supplemental Staffing Specialist - University Of Maryland Medical Center
Welcome to the Latest Job Vacancies Site 2020 and at this time we would like to inform you of the Latest Job Vacancies from the University Of Maryland Medical Center with the position of Supplemental Staffing Specialist - University Of Maryland Medical Center which was opened this.
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Company who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Supplemental Staffing Specialist - University Of Maryland Medical Center below matches your qualifications. Good Luck: D
- Assists with coordinating the daily scheduling of supplemental staffing by ensuring adequate staff for all shifts through the development, preparation, and maintenance of staffing schedules that meet the needs of the hospital and apply to variable census conditions.Participates in maintaining and updating a list of personnel current with name, address, telephone number, professional classification, job title, work status, normally assigned work area, and other pertinent information. Maintains current list of supplemental staff.
- Assists Staffing Supervisor with consulting with managers and supervisors in determining unit staffing needs. Oversees the assignment personnel to duty for the number of days approved by the work agreement or established policy, and makes adjustments for special requests and/or unusual circumstances.
- Works with Staffing Supervisor in designated float personnel whenever and wherever necessary to fill a work load complement. Adjusts staffing to meet needs on a daily basis, and change schedules accordingly. Accepts changes and transfers made by head nurses to met a particular need and record such changes and transfers on schedules.
- Assists with the scheduling of nursing personnel in clinical areas of choice whenever possible and schedule them as float personnel in other areas as necessary. Rotates personnel for night and weekend duty in accordance with established policy and work agreements. Effects transfer requests as approved by supervisor and director of nursing, changing schedules accordingly.
- Receives notice of absent employees from schedulers, note illness or reason for absence, inform appropriate unit supervisor, confers with supervisor to replace absent employee as necessary. Adjusts schedules to provide adequate coverage of unit. May call in on-call or alternate personnel.
- Assists with interpreting and communicating Human Resources policies and procedures for employees, supervisors, managers, department heads, and administrators on employment, compensation and benefits practices, employee relations and training.
- Assists with maintaining required employee records (i.e., licensure, CPR, AT, Competencies, and orientation).
- Attends and participates in various in-service and internal as well as educational programs and professional activities to keep abreast of new development and improve expertise within the Human Resources field and various health-care related issues.
- Assists with accurately maintain scheduling supplemental staffing computer program.
- Performs related duties as required.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Completion of High School or GED required. Some college preferred.
- Two (2) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in fundamental concepts, principles, practices, and procedures of employment law and generally accepted employment practices.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills are required to work effectively with various levels of employees and management staff.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.